Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not good....

Today, I was looking for a recipe to use up some cabbage and came across Stir Fried Cabbage with Red Peppers and Peas from the book "American Masala" by Suvir Saran. Needless to say from my title, this was not good. Even J, who eats anything said "no" when I asked him if he liked it. It's very rare that he actually says he doesn't like something.






I picked J up from the airport last night. He was coming home from his 2 month "vacation" in the Philippines. I think now that he is back, his midlife crisis has ended and all of his retirement talk has gone out the window. While he was there, he decided he did not want to deploy anymore. I figured once he got out away from the stress of his time there, he would want to continue on with his plans and try for the Chief stripe (the highest rank for Air Force enlisted personnel), and it appears as if that is his plan again. He will test for the first time in September and there isn't any reason that he should not make it. I told him to make a decision one way or the other by April 17th when we get back from South Carolina. I'm pretty sure I know which way it will go. He probably just won't want to admit that I was right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...