Friday, March 18, 2011

The Last of NOLA

For dinner, we stopped at a German restaurant called Jager Haus. I had Jagerschnitzel. Let me say, in Germany, it is made with pork, here it was with veal; in Germany it has a brown gravy, here it was white. I should have made another choice. This was not good and I should have known better than to order it. (Even the picture shows how unappealing it looked)




On our first trip here, we weren't able to find any beignets. This time we found to shops that sold them. Our first choice, Cafe DuMond was so packed that we didn't even bother to stop. The next place was Cafe Beignet. (I didn't get any pictures of the building). But the beignets were good and we should have skipped the German place and just gone here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...