Saturday, May 29, 2010

Something different

For cocoa, I don't usually bother doing anything other than opening an envelope, but I saw this recipe in a new book that I just got and figured it was a good way to use up the last of the cinnamon sticks I have in the house.

I made "Chili-Spiked Hot Chocolate" from Daisy Martinez's "Daisy: Morning, Noon and Night"

These are the ingredients you will need:



The finished product.


I like the combination of chile and chocolate, but the jury is still out on the Mexican chocolate. It has a different taste (obviously) but I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. J drank it all, but then anything with spice doesn't last long around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...