Saturday, May 29, 2010

A mission

One of the things I want to buy before leaving here is a Japanese porcelain Lazy Susan. We ventured out today to try and find one. What I want is pretty specific, the middle is circular and has 2 different levels and then a cover. I've seen them before, but of course none were able to be found today. I still have about 3 more weekends to find one though. Here are a few pictures of Okinawa while we were out and about.






Here is a sign at the Japanese police station (I think they lost something in the Japanese to English translation):




This is the store where I had hoped to find the Lazy Susan. We had been there before, but I thought it was a little pricey so I never bought anything. But, because time is running out, price wasn't my concern. It is a kitchen supply store.




Even though I had no luck with the Lazy Susan, I did end up buying a few pieces:








I'll have to do some research to see if there are any more kitchen supply stores around. We also went to China Pete's (a store that sells Japanese china) but they didn't have what I was looking for either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...