Monday, June 7, 2010

Baking

I've been off from work for the past two days. I have been boxing up things in preparation for the move. I have to head back to work tomorrow though. With my free time, I did end up cleaning out some kitchen cabinets and tossing things that were either old or I knew I would never use it. I found several open bags of different types of chocolate chips so decided to make some cookies.

I used Chocolate Chip recipe from the cookbook "Baked-New Frontiers in Baking" I did not follow the recipe as written. It had you refrigerating the dough for 6 hours after mixing. I only want to dirty the kitchen once, so just went ahead and baked them.


After mixing the dough

The finished product. They didn't turn out very pretty, and some were overly done. These were good, but I wouldn't say they were the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had.


Making these did help me use up the open bags of chips, the last of a carton of eggs and the vanilla. The kitchen is slowly but surely getting cleared out. We are supposed to move out of our house and into a hotel on June 25th, so we still have a little bit of time clean the cupboards out the rest of the way. One good thing though is that I've been saving money by not grocery shopping weekly. It's just that much more I have to devote the purchase of my lazy susan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...