Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mission Accomplished

We headed out again today looking for the lazy susan. We didn't leave though until about 1:00 pm (usually we are out the door on Saturday by 10 am at the latest) because we sold our fence and the guy came to pull it. He moves into his house on Tuesday though, so it's just sitting in our backyard until then.

This is what I ended up buying. The sign said this was called a bon bon:



The first lazy susan. It's not exactly what I was looking for. What I wanted was one where the bon bon sits in the middle. I've seen them before, but can't remember where or when.

The second one. J picked this one out. I think the other one looks more Japanese though:


And a blue bon bon. They don't match, but then the dishes on Japanese tables don't. They mix patterns and colors. I don't think I've ever been anywhere that had a coordinated table.


I got my firm start date for the LA job today. The lady told me I could pick from 6 different dates in Jul/Aug. I chose Aug 30th which was the last one. Now, J has to go in on Monday and change our itinerary again. The plan now is to fly to MI, then LA to buy a house then to NJ to pick up my car; drive the car to MI, pick up the kid and dog and head down to NM. The kid, dog and I will then drive to LA as it gets closer to Aug 30th. Hopefully we will be able to close on the house quickly. We are going to call the place that handled our mortgage pre-approval and get started with a realtor. It's a military banking institution and they partner with people at various bases. So, that should get that ball rolling.
.
The movers come on the 22/23 of June so our destination next weekend is back to the pineapple factory to pick up a case of pineapple vinegar. That should be the last thing we buy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...