Saturday, September 11, 2010

Unwelcome Visitor

I happened to walk by the front door today and saw this guy. At first I thought he was on the outside of the window, but of course he wasn't. I got a towel so that I could put him outside and get him out of the house. I didn't realize that LA had gecko's; I thought we had left them behind when we moved from Okinawa where they were everywhere.


I decided to make another recipe from my mini 30 Minute Meals book. It was an edamame-black bean salad. I was lucky enough to find edamame here at Target, but I had to shell it. I guess I was spoiled because shelled edamame in Okinawa is everywhere. At any rate, this was the stuff you would need (basically you mix everything together and let it sit for a bit). It wasn't too bad, but I don't know if it was worth having to shell my own edamame.


This was the finished product. It did look nice in my bowl, though.

Yesterday, K2 and I went to a book sale where there was over 70,000 books for sale. I ended up getting a few things, but K2 bought a bunch of records, even though she has no record player. I do have a record player in storage that should be here hopefully next week, so I'm sure she will "borrow" that. K1 has also heard that his first assignment will be at Ft. Hood, Texas. It is about a 5 hour drive from Shreveport, not too bad. Work is work, but hopefully things will start looking up when the new boss arrives in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...