Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday

I made two new recipes this week. A chicken tortilla soup and cold sesame chicken noodles. Both were just okay. It's getting a little chilly here lately so figured the soup was a good choice, but I prefer the Cooks Illustrated chicken tortilla soup over this one; and the cold sesame chicken noodles were okay, but I would definitely need to find some "real" sesame oil before making them again. All they had at the store here was a sesame oil blend and it's definitely not the same. I guess fresh ginger is also foreign here in LA as well.
.
.
.
.

.

Tomorrow I pick K2 up at the airport, late. Then Monday it's off to Ohio for 3 days. J comes in on Saturday. He was going to drive, and then switch vehicles with me and take my car to NM to get fixed (the windshield wipers) but I guess the only place that services Saab in NM is in Albuquerque which is 5 hours away from him. He called the Dallas dealer and supposedly they will service it; they were supposed to call him back to tell him the price of the part and labor. So now the plan is for him to just fly here and we will drive to Dallas to get it fixed. Dallas is about a 2.5 hour drive so that seems like the best solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...