Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Updates

I did make two different things in the past couple days. Neither was all that great. It seems like I made the recipe from Giada's book before, but can't remember when. It was just okay, nothing spectacular and nothing I would probably do again.



.
.
And then a recipe for Outback's scalloped potatoes from a Top Secret Recipe book. This was pretty bland, probably my fault because it called for Gruyere cheese, and that is one that I absolutely cannot stand, so I substituted that with mozzarella. It looked nice though.
.
.
.
On another note, I went to start my car for work on Monday and the battery is dead. I had to wake K2 up to take me to work and that's definitely not a pleasant thing to do, but thankfully she got the message and only took about 2 minutes to come downstairs so we could be out the door.
.
This morning I took her to the airport so she could go to CA to visit a friend that is getting married on Saturday. She was supposed to be in the wedding, but the friend decided to forgo having a big ceremony so it will be at the courthouse. She gets back on Sunday night and will take me to that airport Monday so I can head off to Ohio for a work conference. So, I am just driving her car the rest of the week, I will be gone next Monday - Wednesday and then only have to 2 days (Thurs-Fri) where she will need to get up and drive me to work. J is supposed to get here on that Saturday. The original plan was for him to drive here from NM and then leave me his truck and drive my car back. That way he could take it in somewhere in his area to have the windshield wipers fixed. He seems to think it is just the battery and the fact that it is the original one in the car. I don't want a car payment so hopefully that's all it is, otherwise I guess I will be getting a new car, and it won't be a Saab or General Motors product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...