Sunday, December 26, 2010

A few Christmas pictures

For Christmas we made the following:
.
A broccoli salad from "5 ingredients or less". It was okay, but didn't photograph very well.
.

.
.
My new buffet server (that I got free). It had the Frugal Gourmet's creamed onions I made on Thanksgiving, the middle was Ina Garten's maple roasted butternut squash (although I added acorn squash to the mix) and on the right was a "healthy" sweet potato and cranberry recipe that I pulled of the web. We are not sweet potato or cranberry people so that didn't go over very well. At least now I know not to waste my time with those two things anymore.
.

.
Another "free" gift. The top plate had red velvet whoopie pies and homemade marshmallows. The middle plate had pizzelles that were made with my new "free" pizzelle maker and the bottom plate was the standard rice krispies treats.
.
.
Here I used the lazy susan I bought in Okinawa. The middle was home made candy that K2 and her boyfriend made and decorated. On the left is Paula Deen's 5 layer bar. These are very rich and probably not something I'd make again. On the top is shortbread. I have 2 shortbread pans with decorated indents and neither one of them worked well enough to imprint the designs. Next up is oatmeal-raisin cookies (J's favorite-but nobody elses) from under the lid of the oatmeal can and then your standard no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies, except I added m&m's.
.
.
A few random pictures:
.
Notice the "pretty" wrapping paper (we ran out and K2 had to use newspaper to wrap her presents)
.

Buddy with one of his new Christmas Presents.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...