Saturday, January 22, 2011

Chili

I've never been that big on chili, but I've found that it's growing on me, plus it's easy to just throw everything in the pot and it freezes well, which makes it easy for me to just warm up after work. Here are a few of the ones I've made recently.

First up was from Down Home with the Neely's cookbook. I wasn't a fan of theirs in the beginning, but they are on when I get home from work so they've grown on me. The recipe can be found here. This was probably my least favorite one. I didn't care for the ground pork in it. I followed the recipe pretty closely except I used 4 small cans of different kinds of tomatoes instead of the 2 big cans they called for.




This one was from Emeril's 20-40-60 Fresh Food Fast Chili Beans recipe. The recipe can be found here. I used ground turkey in place of the beef, but pretty much stuck to the recipe otherwise (oh, I used a yellow pepper instead of the color called for). I did like this recipe.



I also made the Red Robin Chili recipe from the Top Secret Restaurants Cookbook 3. The recipe can be found here

I also stuck pretty close to the recipe with this one as well, except once again I used ground turkey.

*****
I have to say, while I have "fancy" pans, I bought this Rachael Ray one and it's probably the best one I have. If I was in the market for more, I would buy her brand, but I have no need. I only picked this one up because of the shape (I have an oval stainless pan, but it's small).
*****

*****
And the verdict? Emeril wins this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...