Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Mexico

After my class ended, I flew to New Mexico for a few days. While there, J and I went to a place called Old Mesilla. It's close to Las Cruces, which is about an hour and a half away from Alamogordo (which is where Holloman AFB is). We went on a Friday and they have vendors selling their wares in the courtyard. These are a few pictures. (There was not a long of vendors and most of them were selling jewelry). ****************************************************************************** . . .

On one of the side streets in the town, there is a shop called The Potteries

.

The picture on the left was one of their displays and the picture on the right is what I bought. This looked the most of what I would think New Mexican pottery would look like.

.



.





There was one vendor in the middle of town selling pottery. I bought this dish. It had a recipe in it for baked brie so I tried it out at J's house before I came back home and it worked really well. It doesn't look New Mexican to me, but rather Japanese, but the potter said her husband was a retired Navy guy so maybe she took her influences from her travels during his career. (J chit chats with everyone so somehow they got on the topic of the military).





After leaving Old Mesilla, we stopped at White Sands on the way back to the bachelor pad.




.





And that's what has been going on here. I was hoping for a few days of unpaid leave next week, but I guess that's not going to happen, so it will be back to "regular" business around here.

I'm not sure what is up with blogger, but it keeps distorting this post, so I have given up on getting it to look "right".


No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...