Thursday, May 12, 2011

Landscaping and other things.

Over the weekend, we did some landscaping around this place. The picture on the left is what it looked like before, and on the right is what it looks like now. In looks, it doesn't look much different except for some added shrubs, but in reality we had to remove all of the covering (it was pine straw), dig out the dirt and then lay a weed blocker. Once that was done, we put brown mulch down.

.


The same thing, before on the left, after on the right. The middle shrubs are all azaleas.


.



I've also done some cooking. I made Trisha Yearwood's Chili from her "Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood" book. It was okay. It was a little different because she adds a small amount of brown sugar, but it wasn't really sweet.



.

Then I made a key lime pie. The bag of key limes was only $.88 and since I thought that was very cheap, I bought a bag. The recipe was from "Cooking from Lowcountry, The Old Post Office Cookbook". It made me realize I'm not such a fan of key limes. I thought I had whipped cream, but when I took it out of the refrigerator and started putting it on the pie, I realized that someone (who lives in this house with me full time) used it all and put an almost empty container back it, so the pie looks a little sad. J liked it though.

.





Then yesterday I made a recipe from Rachael Ray's Look and Cook book. It was a cajun meatloaf with trinity gravy recipe. This I didn't care for a bit and J said it was okay, but he's not picky and really eats anything.


.



And I really need to figure out blogger's layout because it appears it distorted this post as well (I give up trying to make it look neat).

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...