Saturday, June 25, 2011

One family moves out, another moves in....

The babies finally grew up into this:





This is two of them; the mother would have them walk from one side of the patio overhang to the other.



A couple on the ledge, going from one side to the other:





The plan was always to get rid of the nest when these birds flew away, but I happened to be in Minneapolis when that happened and when I got home, "she" had moved in:







J happened to be around that week and we argued about the fact that there were eggs in that nest (he thought there wasn't, and I thought there was). He got the ladder out and stuck the camera up to where he could get a picture of the nest. This is what was in it:





I can see they must have hatched now because the parents appear to be feeding the babies and I can hear faint chirping sounds. This time I should be home when they leave so the nest can come down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...