Sunday, May 5, 2013

Flea Market Saturday

We're still here, but instead of our usual Saturday Estate Sale shopping, J and I decided to go to a Flea Market in Canton, TX.  It says they open at sunup, but we got there at around 7:45 am and a lot of sellers were no where to be found.  We stayed about 4 hours and think we saw about 95% of the place.  There was tons of Corningware and Pyrex, but the prices were high.  I ended up with only one piece.  J was looking at tools, but said they were overpriced and he could buy things brand new for what these were selling for.  Here's a few pictures of the flea market:
 



This guy was making fresh stone ground cornmeal.  We did buy a bag.



And for K2 since she loves lawn art, we picked this up for her (It'll be in the mail on Monday)*


On our way back, we stopped at the Collin Street Bakery.  It was on the Food Network's "Best Thing I Ever Ate". 


We picked up a Pecan Fudge Pie.


It was not rich or overly sweet and basically just okay.

 
And this is a picture of the only Pyrex I bought.  It cost a little more than I usually spend at Estate Sales, but after a two-hour drive to Canton, I needed to buy something other than cornmeal and BBQ sauce (a local vendor from Texas who was selling his wares).
 

*I didn't really buy the frog lawn art.  K2 bought me two garden gnomes and put them in the front of the house thinking she was cute.  I'm not a fan of lawn art, which is why she did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...