Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chicken and Cajun Pasta

Yesterday, while out running the streets, we stopped at a new meat market (Bergeron's) about 5 minutes from my house.  It's a Cajun meat store and I picked up several things.  One was pork tasso and I decided to make Copeland's Chicken and Tasso pasta.  We've been to Copeland's a few times, and I always order the shrimp and tasso pasta, but had no shrimp in the house.

I ended up adding another chicken breast; I also cut down on the amount of Cajun seasoning that was called for, and because I can't make a recipe as written (and had no heavy cream on hand), I used 2% milk with a little cornstarch to thicken, and not to mention I used spaghetti instead of linguine.



I will probably make this again using shrimp, but aside from the changes I made, I would also leave some on the green onions out to sprinkle on top. 

J's mowing the jungle in the back yard; the grass is so tall that it comes to Buddy's chest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...