Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tried some new things

Baby A, who is now really a toddler loves those on the go fruit things, so K2 picked up a bunch of fruit and some reusable containers.  The first thing we made was applesauce.  It was about a pound of apples, 1/8 cup of sugar and 3/4 cup of pineapple juice.  I blended it up in the Vitamix and filled the containers. 

A is not impressed.  He will eat a bite or two and then just squeeze the applesauce out and play with it.  We're on the look-out for other fruit concoctions:



Yesterday, J was watching the Food Network and one of the shows featured some dumplings, so that became tonight's dinner.  I used a pork and cabbage dumpling recipe from "The Dumpling, a Seasonal Guide".    Before steaming:

 
The end result-not a very appetizing photo, but they tasted good.  I also made their soy, vinegar dipping sauce recipe, but that needs some work.  It was too "vinegary" for me.


 
K2 and I did go to about 7 estate sales yesterday but the bargains were few and far between.  I ended up with some baking shells, which I have no idea what I will use them for.  A started to fuss so I picked up something cheap for him to hold and it ended up being those.  They are actual seashells.  I thought they were small baking tins, but no, they are real shells.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...