Friday, August 7, 2015

Dining Room Update

When we moved into this house, we got rid of our dining room table because the color of the wood  cabinets I was putting against the wall did not match with the table (which was a natural finish).
 
Because we currently only have a pub table with two chairs in our kitchen and 2 bar stools, I decided it was time to get a table that would match (and because K2 is coming for 3 weeks with both her kids and if K1 and his family come over for dinner, we would not have enough seating).
 
Well, the table I bought is espresso and did not match the wall units.  We (J and I) spent all day unloading the crystal, china and Hummels from those cabinets so we could move them into the guest room and take the hutch (we got for free junking in Germany) in the guest room and move it into the dining room.
 
The jury is still out on whether I like it or not; it seems a bit cluttered and it definitely needs a centerpiece as does the small Italian wood table I put in the corner.  That will be our project tomorrow after we hit the Farmer's market. 
 
In case you can't see it, there is a bench under the table on the side next to the hutch.
 
I sorted through the Pyrex to find the most neutral colored pieces and this is what I ended up with.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...