Friday, July 21, 2017

Part 2.

While we're on the road I've been using the app to post but I find I need to break things up because of the pictures.   So here's the rest of our day. 

After the Tobasco tour we headed to a rice mill with the intent to tour it.   But we didn't arrive in there me so we missed it and we were not going to wait an hour for the next tour to start.  So we visited their store and picked up some rice and a jalapeño spice.   



Our last stop was the Shadows on the Teche which is a National Trust Historic Site.  J and I were the only ones on the tour and our guide had to be at least 85 but she was very excited about the subject and answered all of Js questions.   We don't ever ask questions but since it was just us he asked and she was thrilled to answer.   No pictures allowed in the house but here are some of the grounds.   











I bought a small portable grill to use when we go out but J forgot to bring the piece needed to hook to the propane.   I did not forget to bring stuff to cook on it for dinner.   So we decided to go to Fezzos which is right outside the campground.  It's a seafood place so I had shrimp and J had fish bites and a burger.   It was good and we also bought some of their seasoning to take home.   







Tomorrow we head to Lafayette, so pictures are forthcoming.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...