Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Salsa again

In my continuing quest to clean out cupboards and pare down cookbooks, today I went with a salsa recipe that helped on the cupboard cleaning aspect.

I dug out the "Salsa Lovers Cookbook"; I have no idea where this book came from, it seems to have appeared from nowhere. I went with the "From the Can Salsa" recipe.

For this recipe you will need:
1 lg can (approximately 2 cups) tomatoes (I used petite diced)
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles (I used a 7 oz can)
1/2 tsp garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried cilantro
1/4 tsp chili powder (I used chipotle chili powder-it's the only chili powder we have left on hand)

In a bowl, mash the tomatoes (I did not do this), then add the can of undrained chiles. Stir in the spices and herbs, mixing well. Can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.

This was good; it's probably something I will make again, only next time I will add a little lime juice and something to give it more heat.





We are getting ready for our trip to South Carolina to see K1 graduate from Basic Training next week. He then heads off to VA and we come back to Okinawa. Friday we are off to pick him up some Japanese chips. I'll sneak my camera into the Japanese grocery store and take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...