Friday, May 28, 2010


To use up a few open bottles of things in the cupboard, I made a "Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking" recipe, "Blondie's with Chips". This worked out well because we have no butter in the house and because of some changes in plans, buying more would end up being a waste of money.

For this recipe you will need:
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour (I just used all-purpose)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil (I used regular old vegetable oil)
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used 2/3 cup so I would not have to dirty another measuring cup)

In a bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl mix the egg, oil, honey and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients and then add the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.

Put into an 8 in baking dish coated with baking spray and cook at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.

We were originally scheduled to fly out of Okinawa on the 10th of July. There were no pet slots remaining and Buddy was on hold. Because of this, we ended up doing what is known as securitis travel in the military world. Basically, it means we fly on a commercial airline to a spot not out of the way from where we are headed. Most people that do securitis travel leaving from Okinawa go through Hawaii. So, that is what we have to do. We will only be there for 30 hours, but long enough that we had to get a hotel room (we are staying at the Hale Koa) and a rental car. I booked us reservations for a luau as well. Buddy will stay in quarantine at the Honolulu airport. We've already called to make sure everything is good to go with that. So no problems. I will ask the vet when I take him in to get his health certificate if they can give me some doggy Prozac to take the edge off of his anxiety. We really don't need for him to get sick in quarantine and then have the airline decide to not allow him on the flight.

We will leave Okinawa on July 1. We get to Detroit on the 3rd. J and I are dumping the kid and the dog at grandma and grandpa's house and will fly to NJ on the 8th, pick up my car on the 9th, then drive back to MI. We will spend the 6th and 7th getting mine and K2's drivers licenses and all of the cars registered.

I emailed the lady about my LA job and she told me it's taking roughly 80 days to accomplish paperwork. So, I figure they are trying to push it out to October because of funding issues. Maybe between now and then something will come up in NM and I will just stay put. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galveston Day 2

We headed out this morning around 8 so we could buy tickets on the first duck tour.     Our next stop was lunch since it was about 11.    Af...