Saturday, October 30, 2010

New Book

I'm not doing very well with my hoarding tendencies. I bought some more books at an online sale. They came in the mail this week and since K2 is again complaining that I don't cook, I threw the ingredients for potato soup in the crockpot one day this week to appease her. It was from the "Slow-Cooker Quick Fixes" book and it was not my favorite. In fact, after we both ate a bowl, I ended up tossing the rest. It was very bland and pretty watery, so a definite miss.



.

K1 left for Texas on Monday. He missed his connecting in Atlanta due to a weather delay at the Shreveport airport. He was supposed to arrive in TX about noon, but didn't get in until very late that night. I haven't heard from him, but he let K2 know he made it and he texted J to let him know that he is still in the system (whichever one the military uses) as J's dependent. I guess the Army is going to fix that issue.
.
It's been very chilly here lately; the temperature in the house is 62 degrees, but I'm not ready to turn on the heat. I do need to hit the stores this weekend to try and find a coat for my trip to Colorado on Tuesday. I'm sure it's much colder there than it is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...