Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pitiful Dog and Pan

This is what Buddy, the pitiful dog, does anytime someone leaves the house. He goes and lays in the window in the front bedroom and waits for them to come home.


Yesterday, K1, K2 and I went to Home Depot and bought some herbs for me to plant in my Polish Pottery planters. I'll see how much of a green thumb I have. K2 also needed potting soil because she is growing a Venus flytrap, I have no pictures of that though, because it's very rare that I venture into her room.
.
Before we left Okinawa, I bought a NordicWare cupcake pan that is supposed to make cupcakes into the shape of pineapples. It was only $5.

I decided to make mini-pineapple upside down cakes (I just used a box cake mix):
.
I put in pineapple slices and maraschino cherries:
.
Then filled it with the batter:
.
So far, so good. They looked nice coming out of the oven:
.
As you can tell, every single one of them stuck to the pan. I've had this problem with other decorative NordicWare pans, so after I wash it (in the dishwasher, which is something I don't typically do with pans-99.9% of the time I baby things and hand wash) it will get put into the Goodwill pile. Now I know why it was on clearance for 5 bucks.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...