Thursday, January 31, 2013

Since it's been almost 2 Months

I figured it was time to post something.

K2, Baby A and we'll call her husband J2 left for New Mexico this morning.  Both of their cars were packed full.  They were able to take almost everything except a few items that I will mail once they get a house.  I should have taken pictures of what the two rooms looked like when they were full of their stuff.

It is pretty quiet around here without Baby A.  Last night he had his first bath in a regular bathtub:



Anyhow, K2 and I have been hitting the estate sales since I last posted in December and these are a few of the things that I've picked up:






Everything was very cheap except the Pyrex.  The lady had the 8 piece set marked at $40 which is a crazy price, so when we first had that sale, we both left empty handed.  But, the sales generally go to 50% off the price at noon on Saturday, so there was a shadow box at the sale that K2 wanted so I gave her $20 and she and J2 went back and they were able to get the box and Pyrex for the 50% price.

In December of last year, J and I took a drive to Alexandria, LA to visit "Cajun Pawn Stores".  All of the regulars that are on the show were in the store and I was able to snap a picture of the dad on my cell phone:




We did not buy anything at the store.  I'm not sure what J was looking for, but they didn't have it.

And finally, here is a picture of Baby A's first trip riding in a shopping cart.  He loved it:



I'm not sure if I'll do any shopping this Saturday.  I would have to go by myself since J is currently in Ohio; it will depend on whether anything looks interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...