Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hello Again

Well, I'm still here and have still been estate sale shopping; I just haven't gotten around to posting, or it could be the sales lately have just been disappointing.  A lot of hoarder houses with junk I'm just not interested in.  Or like one I went to yesterday where half the rooms in the house were closed off to people and the majority of things had "NFS" (not for sale) tags on them. 

Anyhow, here are a few things I have picked up in the past few weeks:

I don't much care for the design on the two round casserole dishes, but they were $1 for the two and I couldn't pass that up.  I did not have any round bakers like this either, which is rather hard to believe.



I picked up this cake/pie carrier as well (it looks better in person; it didn't photograph very well):

 
 

And today I decided to cook with Corky's. I was making the Grits & Q, but realized, I had cornmeal, not grits.  I decided just to roll with it and used the cornmeal anyhow.  It's okay and probably something that J will like.  I did add jalapeno peppers to the cornmeal, and if I decide to try again and make it the way it's supposed to be done, I would add more cheese.



Last weekend was the baby shower and my office looks like a baby store.  If you click here, you will see what the crib looks like (very nice for free)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...