Sunday, September 29, 2013

$7.50

We do go Estate Sale shopping this weekend.  I ended up only working until 8:00 pm on the 27th, so I was home early enough to plan out our trip.
 
I've also made a few things recently, such as this chicken pot pie recipe  I used my Wolfgang Puck mini-pie maker, which works well, but if you don't use tinfoil under the pies, the crust tends to rip on the way out:
 
 


Kind of a messy cutting board, but this is the finished product:


I ordered some Hatch green chile's online recently.  J would buy them from people selling them on the side of the road in New Mexico (for a fraction of the cost, I'm sure) and because I have quite a bit in the freezer now, I decided to make this recipe to use some up. 


Doesn't look to appetizing after cooking, but it was okay.  It seemed to be missing something, so will add more spices if I try this again:


I spent $7.50 this weekend for the things in the next two pictures.  I know I said no more Corningware, but the house I picked this up in was a hoarder's house and I felt sorry for the people running it.  There was so much stuff that I can't imagine they sold even a 1/3 of it by the time the sale was over.  I guess it had taken them 6 weeks to get ready for the sale; they had ripped up the carpet and there was a dumpster in the driveway, but it was still packed to the ceiling with stuff (quite a bit with tags still attached).  After reading through the cookbooks when we got home, I ended up putting them in my Goodwill box.  I don't think I'll be making squirrel or possum anytime soon, so no need to hold onto them.




Tomorrow we are having a potluck at work for the end of the fiscal year.  I will probably be working until midnight (yuck), but I'll be taking this White Chocolate Popcorn with a few modifications, of course.  It calls for peanuts, which I omitted and substituted Reece's pieces and Heath pieces in their place.


It turned out fine; if I make it again, I will also omit the marshmallow and add more white chocolate.



I'm not sure if we'll be out and about next weekend; I may have to curb my shopping if a government shutdown occurs, since both J and I will not be seeing a paycheck.  Hopefully those people in Washington get their act together, so we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More harvests from this summer.

The bottom two pictures are recent.  We are trying succession planting this year with beans, cucumbers and squash.   The squash is a failur...